Quality of work is under a systematic, structured and continuous supervision. The Management is responsible for quality assurance. Quality Commission has been elected for the execution of self-evaluation.
The self-evaluation of the study process is carried out on a day-to-day basis. The study process and stakeholders’ responses are constantly monitored and, where necessary or in case of a deviation from the desired status, immediate action is taken. Continuous communication with the stakeholders provides us with feedback and at the same time enables us to regularly introduce improvements.
Parties liable for the evaluation are as follows:
- students and graduates,
- lecturers and co-workers,
- professional and administrative staff,
- school management,
- employers’ representatives,
- graduates employed after the expiration of 2-3 years after recruitment.
Evaluation instruments are:
- school documentation data,
- questionnaires for students at the end of course, academic year and after graduation,
- questionnaire for lecturers and co-workers,
- questionnaire for mentors of practical training and for companies’ representatives,
- questionnaire for professional staff and representatives of school management,
- questionnaire for managers and organizations where graduates are employed.
Moreover, feedback on our work is obtained regularly, based on interviews with the stakeholders, communication on www.b2.eu forums created for these purposes, and personal correspondence with the stakeholders.
Each year we analyse the gathered data on:
- enrolled students, duration of study, employment,
- study programmes,
- performance according to the subjects taken,
- lecturers and co-workers and their effectiveness in the implementation of subjects,
- practical training success,
- teaching methods,
- study literature and materials,
- organizational forms of programme implementation,
- methods of evaluation,
- equipment and facilities, and
- extracurricular activities.
The result is a self-evaluation report assessing the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, and is the basis for changes and improvements. Once a year it is dealt with by the Quality Assessment Commission and published on the school’s website.
The Quality Assessment Commission consists of teaching and non-teaching staff, and students. Each employee performs an evaluation of his/her work and workplace. All data required is submitted to the Quality Commission which then processes it and produces a self-evaluation report. The report is then presented to all employees and published on the B2 Higher Vocational College website.